Removing Assault Convictions

Did you know that assault is one of the most common criminal offenses in Canada? Assault basically means physical attack on someone. There are many different types of assaults, including domestic assault, assault with a weapon, assault causing bodily harm.

In numerous cases, the accused doesn’t even reach conviction because the charges are dropped in the midst, bringing the progression of the case to a halt. The charges may be settled through a peace bond, stay of proceedings, withdrawal, dismissal absolute discharge, and conditional discharge. It doesn’t really matter if you’ve been charged or convicted, your criminal record will stay on you like a bad scar. It will block your opportunities to employment, coaching, travelling to the US, and even coaching.

In case you’ve been charged and not convicted

In the heat of the moment, people are capable of doing things they’d never have done otherwise. If you’ve been at the perpetrating end of any kind of assault, you need to file for record suspension as soon as possible, if you want to live a normal life once again. In case you’ve been charged with assault but not convicted, you need a “file destruction” in order to remove your finger prints from the RCMP and police database. Additionally, you won’t need a record suspension.

Doesn’t matter if you’re convicted or charged

Pardon’s Canada has been successfully helping the convicted and the charged, to turn over a new leaf by guiding them through to attain the record suspension that they direly need, in order to get back to being normal again, work again, and become a part of the society once again. It grants them the opportunities to correct their wrongs and set out on the path to a normal life again. Here’s a quote from one of the people National PardonCanada has helped, a domestic assault convict who had completed a year of probation:“Nearly a decade ago I was convicted of an impaired driving related offense in Canada due to a youthful mistake. I am an American and the repercussions of this conviction could still be felt years later. I discovered the National Pardon Centre and decided to contact the organization to learn about options for my criminal record. I had a consult with the director shortly thereafter and my concerns were immediately put at ease and I realized that the National Pardon Centre was going to make this process as easy as possible for me. Due to the fact I resided abroad I was concerned how to get various documents needed and how to complete the paperwork involved for a Record Suspension. The National Pardon Centre took care of nearly everything regarding my file and greatly reduced the complexity of this process for me. The staff at the National Pardon Centre went above and beyond to assist and were always available to speak with me about any questions or concerns that I had. I highly recommend the National Pardon Centre to anyone with a past mistake looking to clear their criminal record.”

Waiting period for offenses

It’s important to note that the record suspension application can only be filed once an assigned waiting period has been spent, jail sentence served, and all the fines paid, along with the successful completion of probation. The waiting period leading up to the final verdict from the Parole Board of Canada can vary according to the type of crime you have committed. Summary offenses are less severe crimes that include possessing less than 30 grams of cannabis, using prostitution, DUIs, and criminal harassment. These offenses have a waiting period of five years.

Indictable offenses are more serious offenses that demand a court proceeding, coupled with the presence of a jury. These crimes include theft over $5000, fraud over $5000, weapon’s assault, and manslaughter. Today, the waiting period for an indictable crime is 10 years. Only after the felon has served the sentence, paid fines, completed parole, and waited out the required waiting period, is he eligible to sign up for a record suspension, so hehas one more shot at a normal life again.

Leave a Reply